CALL TO ARTISTS:
LULA’s Global Mail Art Exhibition: “Lake Worth 100”
Calligraphers and artists are invited to participate in LULA’s Global Mail Art Exhibition: Lake Worth 100. Mail art is the most democratic form of art. The direct exchange of creativework is a worldwide cultural movement that began in the early 1960’s and involves sending visual art on envelopes. Traveling the world through mail art can be a rewarding experience that operates within a spirit of “anything goes” which brings to the surface everybody’s creative side. Decorated envelopes are one-of-a-kind artworks with the handwritten address becoming part of the work. Please join LULA and send a decorated envelope as we celebrate Lake Worth’s Centennial.
- Submission deadline November 15,
- Please use hand-executed lettering to address your envelope. You may use paint, ink, colored pencil, rubberstamps, or other standard media for illustrations on your envelope.
- This exhibition is open to the public of all ages
- Address the envelopes to: Lake Worth 100
- City Hall
- 7 north Dixie Highway
- Lake Worth, FL 33460
All mail art will be exhibited throughout Downtown Lake Worth during the Centennial year and linked to the Lake Worth Centennial web site, the City of Lake Worth web site, and can be viewed on the LULA’s Global Mail Art Exhibition: Lake Worth 100 Facebook page. New arrival will be posted daily on this blog.
Please make sure you have the appropriate postage so that your mail art reach its destination. Be aware the U.S. Postal Service requires additional postage for large, square, thick or otherwise nonstandard envelopes. Tip: If you take your envelope to a post office to verify correct postage, ask the clerk to hand cancel the envelope. No cards
This exhibition is not juried and no fees are required
- Art work will not be returned.
- Please sign you envelope in the bottom right hand corner on back and include your e mail add. if you wish to be notify you of it’s arrival.
For more information about LULA Lake Worth Arts www.lakewortharts.com